Friday, November 16, 2007

Guangzhou Arrival



Today was a travel day for us, we left Nanjing and headed for Guangzhou (pronounced Gwahng-joe) in the tropical south of China. We arrived here at 7:00 pm tonight and are staying at the world famous White Swan Hotel where many families stay as their final stop when they have adopted from China. The U.S. Consulate is right next to the Hotel which is why we all stay here - so we can get our children's Visa's before we head back to the United States. The weather here is considerably warmer than Nanjing - Today Guangzhou hit 86 degrees and was sunny while Nanjing was 63 degrees and raining.

Today was Jia Lu's first plane ride and she handled it well. Pam kept her busy eating(something she seems to love) and she took the flight in stride. I was across the aisle from her Jia Lu and Kyle and was able to keep her smiling throughout the flight. So at least we know she can handle 2 hour flights.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

This is how I start each day. Checking on my family!! I love it.

Nicole said...

I waited till today to read your new post and here I missed a whole week! I cry everytime I read, I am so touched by your journey and seeing pictures of Lu Lu is wonderful! Congrats! She is beautiful!
Nicole and Family

Unknown said...

How cute!
Can't wait to see you after you catch up on some sleep! Give Lu Lu a big hug for me.

Can't wait to see the next blog...


------------


Jennifer